1. How did the band get started? How
did you meet and how long have you been together?
Sakis: We started up ten years ago, as a trio (me my brother
and a very close friend) in order to play our precious music (Black
Metal ) and to sound the same as our "gods" and i mean CELTIC FROST,
VENOM, BATHORY, and POSSESSED. As the years passed by we realised
that we could play in a more serious basis and ROTTING CHRIST formed
officially trying to have their own sound.
2. How would you describe your music?
Sakis: METAL ..and you can call it as you want. BLACK, DARK,
GOTHIC, HEAVY but call it METAL.
3. What are your biggest influences?
Sakis: Everything that sounds DARK, ATMOSPHERIC, and EMOTIONAL
influence us but it's adapted in ROTTING CHRIST style.
4. What influence do you think your bands has in music and metal
Sakis: Who knows, with the Metal scene the way it is today.
Everything is so confused. That is really hard to answer.
5. What made you want to be in the band? And if you weren't in
the band what would you be doing now?
Sakis: To be in a band was a dream for me that I have fullfilled
now. Music is my life so in case of not playing in a band I would
like to be involved with the music again in a different position.
6. Are any band members in side projects? If so what are they,
and explain a little about them.
Sakis: Nobody from the band is involved with any side project
any more, because there has been no free time for us in the last
3 years for something like that.
7. How would you feel if a band took their sound from yours and
became very well known?
Sakis: That's life. You could be lucky or unlucky.
8. What current bands do you like or respect?
Sakis: I am into BLACK METAL and I like the job that CRADLE
OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR, and MARDUK do, as well as IN FLAMES. I am
also into and other kinds of music such INDUSTRIAL and GOTHIC.
9. How many demos/albums do you have? Tell me about them!!
Sakis: We have released the following full length albums:
THY MIGHTY CONTRACT
TRIARCHY OF THE LOST LOVERS
A DEAD POEM
SLEEP OF THE ANGELS
as well as many 7" ep's. Their songs are included in
the albums above and they are really rare to find out nowadays.
10. What demo/album do you like the best?
Sakis: There is not a word "best" that existed for me.......
11. What is the meaning behind the songs?
Sakis: To find out your own dark meaning. We want to avoid
people that buy our albums to be pathetic. We would like to search
more and more and to discover their own meanings.
12. What are the bands favorite songs?
Sakis: I consider every song that I compose as my child so,
I cannot choose one.
13. What does the future hold for the band?
Sakis: Who knows my friend. We could die tomorrow who knows
with the bitch life. But as a band we're gonna stay alive till the
people get fed up with our music and we are gonna do as many shows
as we can.
14. If you could play with any band who would it be and why?
Sakis: We have played with many bands and I am satisfied
with those we have played with.
15. Who writes the majority of the music?
Sakis: I am doing that.
16. Where did you get the band name from?
Sakis: To show our contradiction against any religion and
to show someone, straight to the point, what the band's music sounds
17. Describe what the band is like live?
Sakis: POWERFULL AND TOTALLY ENERGETIC.
18. Are there any touring plans made; if so tell me about them?
Sakis: We just returned from Mexico where we gave 5 shows.
Soon some shows in the southeast part of Europe, in countries such
as GREECE, ISRAEL, BULGARIA then hopefully the USA and then Europe.
We are always trying to be on the road as much as we can.
19. Where do you think the band will be 20 years from now?
Sakis: In the grave!