1. How did the band get started? How did you
meet and how long have you been together?
Skin Krawl: Greg Huntington ran ads in several newspapers seeking
professional musicians. After multiple try-outs..the current members
were selected. The current band members have been together
for over 2 years.
2. How would you describe your music?
Skin Krawl: Our music is an extension of ourselves. Aggressive,
hard and true.
3. What are your biggest influences?
Skin Krawl: None
4. What influence do you think your band has in music and metal
Skin Krawl: We never intended to have an influence. We just
play what we like, and hopefully some of the kids out the will say"
hey, these guys are out here doing what they like regardless of
what other people have to say". The only point that we are trying
to make if any, is that it is ok to be yourself and do what you
like. To be a leader and not a follower.
5. What made you want to be in the band? And if you weren't in
the band what would you be doing now?
Skin Krawl: The band was just a natural occurrence...Fate
I guess you could say. If we were not in a band,....We would
be trying to start a band!
6. Are any band members in side projects? If so what are they,
and explain a little about them.
Skin Krawl: No current side projects
7. How would you feel if a band took their sound from yours and
became very well known?
Skin Krawl: Well, as the old saying goes, You know when you
make it, because that's when people start to duplicate you.
In reality, we would not like having our musical style "stolen".
You just need to be yourself and do what you like, Not what
someone else is doing or has done.
8. What current bands do you like or respect?
Skin Krawl: We enjoy a lot of music, not just metal bands.
But Slayer and Rob Zombie are both very talented and we respect
the music that they play.
9. How many demos/albums do you have? Tell me about them!!
Skin Krawl: No demo albums. We did it all or nothing with
the first CD
10. What album do you like the best?
Skin Krawl: The only one we have so far!!!
11. What is the meaning behind the songs?
Skin Krawl: The songs that we write have personal meanings
to us. But they are written so that the listener can make up his
or her own meaning to the song. UNIVERSAL ...one size fits all.
12. What are the bands favorite songs?
Skin Krawl: We like all of the songs that we write and play.
13. What does the future hold for the band?
Skin Krawl: We plan on a second release in early 2000 and
we will just play it by ear from there.
14. If you could play with any band who would it be and why?
Skin Krawl: Any band that plays music that comes from the
15. Who writes the majority of the music?
Skin Krawl: Greg Huntington
16. Who has been the favorite band you've played with and why?
Skin Krawl: No favorites...We make it a point to play with
bands that blend in well with our musical style.
17. Where did you get the band name from?
Skin Krawl: The name came from live shows that Greg did a
few years back. Quote from Greg Huntington "When I am on stage ..
It's so intense just fall in to the zone. It makes my skin krawl...That's
just my personal feeling of being on stage.
18. Describe what the band is like live?
Skin Krawl: FAST, Intense....Powerfull...
19. If you are gonna do any kind of video what would be in it?
Skin Krawl: We are currently in the process of making a video
for earth. The band along with John Unkle are working out
the details for the video.
20. Are there any touring plans made; if so tell me about them?
Skin Krawl: East coast tour is in the works as we speak.
21. Where do you think the band will be 20 years from now?
Skin Krawl: Still playing music in one way or the other.