1. How did the band get started? How did you
meet and how long have you been together?
John Paradiso: We began Jan. 1995. The remaining members
of two of Rochesters Death bands. DISGORGED and MATRIKHORE.
We all met through mutual friend of both bands.
2. How would you describe your music?
John Paradiso: I would describe it as a Dark, Apocalyptic,
original style of Metal.
3. What are your biggest influences?
John Paradiso: Personally, my biggest influence would be
my son. He keeps me sane. Musically, I think thats tuff because,
I like to learn / watch everyone.
4. What influence do you think your bands has in music and metal
John Paradiso: We are an original style of Death Metal, and
we take a little from all styles into this. Which I dont see
many bands do. Usually, a band is totally recognizable from song
to song. I think, we are a band that the listener would have to
check to see whos playing before they were sure it was us.
I would hope the influence would be for people to start becoming
5. What made you want to be in the band? And if you werent
in the band what would you be doing now?
John Paradiso: Ever since I have known, I have wanted to
jam. I honestly dont know what I would do, if I wasnt
jamming. It is really all I know.
6. Are any band members in side projects? If so what are they,
and explain a little about them.
John Paradiso: Our Bass player, Toby is in the band, BUGHOUSE,
but, other then that there doesnt seem to be much time for
other projects. But, if possible, I highly recommend the readers
to check out the new BUGHOUSE C.D..IT ROCKS!!!!
7. How would you feel if a band took their sound from yours and
became very well known?
John Paradiso: I would probably want to kick their ass!!
8. What current bands do you like or respect?
John Paradiso: Recently, I have been enjoying the PORTISHEAD
Live Video, and C.D. But as far as Metal, I think the SKINLESS rules!,
always MORBID ANGEL BLESSED, and CRYPTOPSY. I am definetly
looking forward to anything Chuck Shuldner release.
9. How many demos/albums do you have? Tell me about them!!
John Paradiso: ABOLISH IN THORNS, was our first
demo release. Our first 4 songs written. Also, it is sold-out. We
are considering a re-release onto C.D format .
FORGOTTEN SUNRISE, released by Italian record label
Cryptic Soul Prod. We sold many, but had a real hard
time with communication from the states to Italy. It is still available
through many distributers but, this version is no longer available
FORGOTTEN SUNRISE, re-released from White Noise Prod.,
here in the states. With 2 additional LIVE tracks. We do still have
a few of those available.
SOMETHING SO PURE, limited to 100 copies, distibuted
to Zines and Radio stations across the world.
ANCIENT BOUNDERIES OF SELF brand new release. To be
released this summer!!
10. What demo/album do you like the best?
John Paradiso: The new one will kill!!!!!
11. What is the meaning behind the songs?
John Paradiso: Each song has a different meaning. You have
to read them for yourself to understand where we are going. Each
song has its reason.
12. What are the bands favorite songs?
John Paradiso: Personally, I AM DESPAIR, off
of the new release, is my favorite..INTO THE DEEPEST WOUNDS,
and FALSE EMOTION STRAIN, are a majority favorite. I
know everyone has a personal favorite, I am just not sure what they
13. What does the future hold for the band?
John Paradiso: I cant predict the future. But, I do
know the C.D. is coming out this summer. And we will touring to
promote the new album.
14. If you could play with any band who would it be and why?
John Paradiso: SLAYER!!!! Need I say more.
15. Who writes the majority of the music?
John Paradiso: It is a group effort, ALWAYS!!!!
16. Who has been the favorite band youve played with and
John Paradiso: My answer would be, NAPALM DEATH. They put
on a kick-ass show, here in Rochester, and then we got to hang out
with them , at our singers house, for the night.
17. Where did you get the band name from?
John Paradiso: Chris Burgio, our guitarist, came up with
18. Describe what the band is like live?
John Paradiso: A Chaotic, Musical X-perience.
19. If you are gonna do any kind of video what would be in it?
John Paradiso: PORN!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. Are there any touring plans made; if so tell me about them?
John Paradiso: Yes, we are touring this summer. I really
dont want to say much more until it is confirmed.
21. Where do you think the band will be 20 years from now?
John Paradiso: Maybe, we will be playing a little slower
style of metal. Hopefully, organizing some fests of our own.
Or running a Record Label. As a group. Something cool like that.